Times of Suriname Logo
Times of Suriname Logo

Engels

Lebanon says 12 dead in Israeli strikes on east, south

LEBANON - Lebanon said Israeli strikes on the country's east and south killed 12 people on Friday,...

Times of Suriname

with Israel's army saying it targeted militant group Hezbollah and its Palestinian ally Hamas. A statement from Hezbollah in the eastern Bekaa Valley said a "commander" from the Iran-backed group had been killed in the raids there.

Israel has kept up regular strikes on Lebanon despite a November 2024 ceasefire that sought to halt more than a year of hostilities with Hezbollah, usually saying it is targeting the group but occasionally also Hamas militants. "Israeli enemy strikes" on several locations in the Bekaa Valley "killed 10 people and wounded 24", Lebanon's health ministry said, adding that three children were among the wounded.

The state-run National News Agency had earlier reported six dead and 25 wounded after "heavy strikes" hit in the region. Israel's army said in a statement that it hit "Hezbollah command centres". The raids came hours after an Israeli strike on the country's largest Palestinian refugee camp killed two people, according to the health ministry, with Israel's army saying it had targeted Hamas. The NNA said "an Israeli drone" targeted a neighbourhood of the Ain al-Helweh camp, which is located on the outskirts of the southern city of Sidon. An AFP correspondent saw smoke rising from a building in the densely populated camp as ambulances headed to the scene. (Bssnews)

Gerelateerde Artikelen

Engels

Trump lashes out at Supreme Court justices over tariffs ruling

US - US President Donald Trump lashed out in unusually personal terms against the six Supreme Court justices who handed him one of the biggest...

Buitenland

Reuzenschildpad maakt na 150 jaar comeback

FLOREANA - Zo'n 150 jaar na het uitsterven van de reuzenschildpad op een van de Galapagoseilanden,...

Buitenland

Moeder en kind in India levend verbrand na beschuldiging  hekserij

INDIA - In India zijn vier mensen opgepakt die verdacht worden van het verbranden van een moeder en haar kind.

Binnenland

Achterstand geslachtsnaamwijzigingen moet binnen drie maanden zijn weggewerkt

PARAMARIBO - De achterstand in de afhandeling van verzoeken tot geslachtsnaamwijziging moet binnen drie maanden volledig zijn ingelopen, zegt minister van Justitie en Politie Harish Monorath.